Male Breast Reduction (Gynecomastia)
This procedure reduces the breast size in men who are uncomfortable by overly large breasts. After having this procedure performed, Dr. Kulick’s patient’s often feel more comfortable revealing their chest, clothed or unclothed. They gain more social confidence and they enjoy permanent results.
The goal of gynecomastia surgery is to restore a normal male breast contour and to correct deformities of the breast, nipple or areola. Surgical options include liposuction, excision (surgical removal of tissue) or a combination of both approaches. Occasionally, skin is excised. Glandular breast tissue is denser than fatty tissue and is not appropriate for liposuction.
When should you consider male breast reduction?
- You are unhappy with the size or appearance of your breasts
- You are reluctant to remove your shirt in public, to swim, to participate in sports or to exercise at a gym
- You want to improve your overall body proportions
- You have low self-confidence due to the appearance of your chest
Are you a good candidate for this procedure?
- If you are in good general health, have a positive attitude and realistic expectations, you are most likely a good candidate for this procedure.
- Gynecomastia is usually not caused by any serious medical problems; in fact, it’s cause is rarely identified. However, because there are some medical problems that do cause gynecomastia, your first step is to see your family doctor to rule this out.
- It’s important that you have good skin elasticity, as successful gynecomastia surgery involves adequate skin contraction after your excess fat and or breast tissue is removed.
- Although this procedure will help those who are overweight, the results will not be as good. For this reason, Dr. Kulick suggests that his patients try to get within 30 to 40 pounds of their ideal weight before surgery.
Click here to request a consultation with Dr. Kulick.